Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my model return zero displacements?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
c.netoYXD2Z
491 Views, 6 Replies

Why does my model return zero displacements?

Ok, so I am modeling a slab + beams and applying a distributed load on the slab.

I defined the geometry and loads.

From my verifications, everything was defined properly at first.

I did not choose anything about the meshing of the slab, I believe that caused problems.

I am able to see the load applied on the slab, and I have the supports properly defined.

The analysis keep returning an isolated node that I cannot find and my displacements return all zeros even though there are no Errors.

This should be so simple but on Robot is such a fuzz to get it done.

How do I share my file? I really need some direction because I have been googling to find out what can the problem be and I havent gotten anywhere in hours.

thanks a lot!

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
c.netoYXD2Z
in reply to: c.netoYXD2Z

Trying to attach my file and get:

"The attachment's content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed."

Message 3 of 7
Rafacascudo

zip before attaching

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
c.netoYXD2Z

I have a model that returns the results values finally. 

I believe the reason was because the mesh of the slab wasn't done (I thought it would be done automatically, no?)

anyway, i tried so much stuff that when it worked I dont even know what it was

Message 5 of 7

@c.netoYXD2Z 

Post 4 :

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/moment-diagram-does-not-show-the-valu...

After repairing missjunctions, unfreeze and choose a better meshing.

Your load is 150 kg/m² plus selfweight that not cause big values of displacements.

Your sections are oversized and not optimal

best regards

Message 6 of 7

This is an existing structure, not a design.

I believe my model was returning zeros all over before because I didnt do a meshing of the slab because I thought the program would automatically define that.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7

hi @c.netoYXD2Z 

It is possible to set the default settings of your files by the preferences dialog box.

Stephanekapetanovic_0-1629117187841.png

Best regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report