Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress for a wood cross section won't show up

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
439 Views, 5 Replies

Stress for a wood cross section won't show up

Hi,

As shown in picture 1 I have created this kind of column, with a variable cross section, larger at the top and smaller at the bottom, when looking for the results of the stresses inside the cross section, Robot will give an error, saying that parameters for the cross section are not given. For all the other standard cross sections of the structure I have no problem, and all the parameters for all the elements are stated correctly. Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

Thank you.

1.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rafacascudo
in reply to: Anonymous

Looks good to me.

wood stress.jpg

where exactly are you having problems?

Zip and attach the model ,if possible

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafacascudo

I can see that, I cant see it from here. (the screenshot is in Italian, hope you can understand of what kind of result I am talking about)cross.PNG

Message 4 of 6
Rafacascudo
in reply to: Anonymous

Not working here too for any tapered sections. Maybe official autodesk support has an answer to this problem

@Rafal.Gaweda @Artur.Kosakowski 

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

Hi @Anonymous 

@Rafacascudo is right. Tapered sections are not supported (recognized) by the stress analysis module.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

thank you both.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report