Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel Design module and Code check tab of bar properties show different ratio

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
589 Views, 6 Replies

Steel Design module and Code check tab of bar properties show different ratio

Hi,

I'd like to know why I'm seeing an inconsistency in my project? Shouldn't these values be the same? File is attached if needed to look at it.

1.PNG

@Anonymous Artur Kosakowski edited the topic for better findability 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Please check:

ROBOT - Steel Design module and Code check tab of bar properties dialog show different values of rat...

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks Artur,

However, I do find it puzzling as to why this method is implemented into RSA as it can be a bit misleading since it shows to me that the ratio was calculated based on the CSA S16 code in both menu boxes.

Message 4 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

On request of users making such quick check / section size estimation for very simple structures (they did not want to enter the steel design module at all). 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Just a follow up on this issue:

I even encountered an issue like this which can cause even more confusion.

1.PNG

Note: This is for a different project and not the same as the OP.

Message 6 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

Hi @Anonymous

If this make you feel better I voted for removing this tab for exactly the same reason you described but as I explained there were other reasons to keep it as it is Smiley Sad

All I can suggest is not to use it as you already know what its limitations are.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

No problems Artur Smiley Wink

Just wanted to make sure you were aware of it but glad to see that you already knew it Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report