Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC column design - EN 1992-1-1 - effective creep ratio PHIef

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
481 Views, 3 Replies

RC column design - EN 1992-1-1 - effective creep ratio PHIef

Hi @Artur.Kosakowski

Apologies for opening a solved thread.

Is there any way I can check how RSA is calculating the effective creep ratio (PHIef = 2.54)?

Regards

Dane

@Anonymous Artur Kosakowski edited the topic for better findability

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Dane,

No, there is no detailed calculation note which shows the corresponding equations and the intermediate values. You would need to calculate the value by hand and compare with the one from RSA.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi @Artur.Kosakowski,

Thank you for the response. I though as much.

According to EC2 5.8.4 (2) the effective creep factor must consider the first order bending moment in quasi-permanent load combination. How is this done if I have only assigned ULS combinations to be considered by the RC design module?

Regards

Dane

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

If you import simple cases Robot checks the load factors for generated ULS combinations to determine the ones for QPR ones.

If you import manual combinations Robot assumes it as 1.0. 

I hope this helps.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report