Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Inquires

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Refaat
242 Views, 2 Replies

Quick Inquires

Dear Colleagues

1. In the attached video, I imported (.dxf file) to Robot. Some lines with overlapping. I changed the cad lines to bars. But I couldn’t merge them inside Robot although (Automatic bar merging during import of geometry option) (structure analysis in the job preferences) is activated.

Can you advise me, how to manage that?

https://www.mediafire.com/?npjvufdp186c5g4

2. I tried to understand from the help the meaning of (Adjust to background) in the wall dialog but I get confused with it.

May I know, what is the main purpose of it and where shall I use it? Please, will be more preferable if  support your reply with an example capture which showing the difference between (with/without) using adjust to background option in the wall dialog.

Thanks in advance

Refaat

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Refaat

Dear Refaat

1. In the attached video, I imported (.dxf file) to Robot. Some lines with overlapping. I changed the cad lines to bars. But I couldn’t merge them inside Robot 

Can you advise me, how to manage that?

There is no such function in RSA but you may want to use Rafal's macro:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/api-addin-for-merging-bars/m-p/3817730

(Automatic bar merging during import of geometry option) (structure analysis in the job preferences) is activated.

This is only for bars that have end nodes in exactly the same positions.

2. I tried to understand from the help the meaning of (Adjust to background) in the wall dialog but I get confused with it.

May I know, what is the main purpose of it and where shall I use it? Please, will be more preferable if  support your reply with an example capture which showing the difference between (with/without) using adjust to background option in the wall dialog.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3
Refaat
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Dear Artur

All the very best in your effort

Yours Sincerely

Refaat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report