Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem applying loads

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
hayanawdi
3709 Views, 3 Replies

problem applying loads

I am trying to apply loads on a simple beam but i can't. 

The problem is when i oped the Load Definition dialog box the loads that i want to apply under Bar are grayed out and can't be applied.

See the attached picture!

I have used RSA before and never had this issue. all the loads types are defined properly. I even opened and old file that i had with all the loads applied and analysis done and had the same problem in the old file as well.

I was able to trick the software by adding a nodal force, then in the load table I was only able to change it to trapezoidal force. however the analysis results came BAD!! reactions on a simple beam showed as if the load was uniform and it didn't show any moment at all.

Loads not available.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafacascudo
in reply to: hayanawdi

try to change to another load case and then come back to the case you want insert loads.

If it doesn´t work , send the model here

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
hayanawdi
in reply to: Rafacascudo

I tried that and it didn't work.

attached are 2 models with the same problem.

again I opened older files that I had from 2 years ago using RSA 2015 the loads are there and i can see them but I can't add new ones. now I am using 2017.

Message 4 of 4
Rafacascudo
in reply to: hayanawdi

Both models were made with a "structure type"  ( on geometry menu ) that does not allow loads in midspan.

One model was  "2d truss design" structure type

and the other was a " 3d truss design"

If you really need loads applied on midspan ,then change them to 3d frame and 2d frame structure types

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report