Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot Structural Analysis 2016 not starting after installation

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
t.stevensJMRSY
1969 Views, 8 Replies

Robot Structural Analysis 2016 not starting after installation

Robot has stopped working, seemingly out of the blue. I get the attached error message whenever I start it up, before it shuts itself down. I have tried the following:

Complete uninstall of all Autodesk products following the link: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/installation-activation-licensing/get-ready/remove-p...

Reinstalling Robot

Different versions of Robot (2014 & 2015)

All not no avail with the same error popping up. Also, AUTOCAD LT 2016 and AUTOCAD 2016 display the 2nd attached error message when they start up, as these may be realted. However AUTOCAD proceeds to start up and seemingly work normally.

Any help would be much appreciated, as the Robot is now completely unuseable.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

1. When exactly RSA crashes? Is it at the stage you select a type of a model? If yes, are you able to enter e.g. section builder module from there?

2. Is it the same for a user with Admin rights? 

3. Could you send the crash report and tell me what you entered in the email field so that it can be found please? 

see also:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Except...

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 9

1. When exactly RSA crashes? Is it at the stage you select a type of a model? If yes, are you able to enter e.g. section builder module from there?

I have attached a screenshot of the last screen before RSA crashes. As far as I can see, there is not access to section builder module

2. Is it the same for a user with Admin rights? 

I have tried 'Run as Administrator', but no difference

3. Could you send the crash report and tell me what you entered in the email field so that it can be found please? 

t.stevens@hbpwconsulting.co.uk

Message 4 of 9

Try these steps and check if you have the same situation when you restart Robot

Open GL to none.PNG

In addition try to rename your CfgUsr (to e.g. 1CfgUsr) folder before te restart

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis 2016\CfgUsr\

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 9

I have been able to use the section builder and change the view paramters, but the error message still appears when I return to a normal file. I have also try changing the CFgUsr name, but the error continues.

Message 6 of 9

The report you sent indicated that the crash is inside ATI driver.

You may try to download and install the latest version of this driver or/and set the system variable as 0 (ViewerHardwareSupport=0) in default.prf file (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2016\System\Cfg).

Mind to make a copy of this file before its editing so that you are able to restore it if needed.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 9

Thanks! Unistalling latest AMD graphics update seemed to do the trick

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

TRANSFORMER BUBBLE BEE ROBOT BODY

Message 9 of 9
kwphillyzkp
in reply to: Anonymous

My robot start screen is strangely off centred. I just noticed from this guys picture showing his start screen. Do i have to reinstall?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report