Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbering of bars from Robot to Revit

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Djokaboris
184 Views, 5 Replies

Numbering of bars from Robot to Revit

Hi RSA Pro's

Just from importing my Revit structural model to Robot and now want to locate the exact bar numbers i've in robot to revit. Is there any way i can do that please?. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
anthonymctigue
in reply to: Djokaboris

@Djokaboris,

Unfortumately that is not directly available as of the last time I checked which is annoying.  You can use a Dynamo script to retrieve the value of any parameter name from Revit and assign it as a member name in Robot (I tend to use Mark for this purpose).  However, as far as I am aware, you must start by using Dynamo to generate the Robot model for a number of complicated reasons and problems that shouldn't exist but somehow do. 

One of the reasons is that Dynamo can't read from Robot (at least not out of the box but if you a good with Python and working with API's it is) and the other incredible reason is that for some bizzare reason.... the coordinate systems are not preserved when you do a direct export to Robot from Revit vs Dynamo does preserve the coordinate system.

I **** you not, try exporting a model direct from Revit to Robot and then generate a simple Dynamo script to export the Revit analytical model to the same Robot file and you will get two versions of the same model in two different locations in space.  I remember being utterly appaled when I discovered that.

I have requested Autodesk to incorporate some means of tracking names (my preference is the Mark aprameter in Revit) over to Robot to make this process less painful but thus far, it doesn't seem to have been implemented (though I have not yet switched to the 2025 product line).

Anthony

Message 3 of 6

hi @Djokaboris 

have you tried saving your model with bar and node numbering in dwg and superimposing this drawing in Revit?

Best Regards

Message 4 of 6
Djokaboris
in reply to: anthonymctigue

Thanks for your answer. I inserted my structural slabs but the analytic structural slabs are not displaying in some levels. can i get some help in this please??

Message 5 of 6

Hi Sir;

Thanks for your answer. I inserted structural slab but the analytic structural slab does not display in some level can i get some help in this please?

Message 6 of 6

Hi @Djokaboris

Sorry but I don't use Revit. My point applies to getting a numbering outside of the conversion tools. Have you tried asking your question on the Revit forum? 

Best regards 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report