Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notional load definition

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
3377 Views, 8 Replies

Notional load definition

Guys, can you explain how notional loads are defined in Robot when using Eurocodes.

I have read the Eurocode guidance on notional loads and obviously the loads are defined differently from how they are defined in the British Standards.

Can you explain what the "conversion coefficient" is in Robot? How does Robot calculate the notional loading once the conversion coefficient has been entered?

We want to be sure that we have allowed a sufficient notional loading in our model.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Please check:

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSAPRO/2014/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-D2113A19-7704-49A2-910C-F11141BEF241.htm

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks Artur. What I'm really trying to find out is what the conversion coeffiecient actually is. In the Eurocode guidance we have: θi = (1/200) x ah x am. So, is the conversion coefficient "θi"?
Message 4 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

I'm not sure if  I understand you correctly. Which point of Eurocode do you mean? Is it notional loads or imperfections?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Hi Artur,

I mean the notional load due to geometrical imperfections.

Clause 5.2 (5) of BS EN 1992-1-1:2004 states the following:

Note: The value of θ for use in a Country may be found in its National Annex. The recommended value is
1/200.

Just trying to find out if this is the conversion coefficient or not.

Thanks

Message 6 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

See the attached picture.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Is it not just "%" of load from case (which you are choosing above)

e.g. if you want have 5% it should be 0.005?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hi there,

I can apply the special load (Notional Horizontal Force) but it seems the auto combinations does not include the special load in the combination because i can't find any in the load combination table, does that mean in Robot you have to manually combine the load if Notional Horizontal Force exists. I am wondering how Robot works regarding the Notional Horizontal Force.

Message 9 of 9
maosokvisal86

I think it's about whether you check local analysis or global analysis.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report