Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material database error

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Priitl220
1457 Views, 7 Replies

Material database error

Database is corrupt or seomthing. Concrete , aluminum and timber are empty.

Untitled (2).png

Changed reginal settings to somethign elsese, did restart ARSA, back to Eurocode restart. Niothing.

Cleared cfgusr. No help.

Unistalled and reinstalled.

What next?

Message 2 of 8

Try to rename this folder:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\201x to e.g. C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\__201x

201x stands for your RSA version e.g. 2016.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8

I had that problem once

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/material-list-vanish/m-p/5704200#M35439

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Priitl220

This problem is very common. It occurs to me when I open a file that use materials that are not in the data base. I want to change some parameters of the material, so I save the materials in data base with the option in the material tool and ....THE ERROR. What is the correct form to change parameters of materials hat are not in data base?

Message 5 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

I hope you find thsi movie helpful:

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Well, I'll try to explain the point of my recent post. I received a model with materials created, I don't created this materials. When I reviewed the properties of materials I find a incorrect parameter, but I can't change it inmediately, because the material doesn't appear in job preferences, but it appears in materials tool, but i can't change parameters of the materials there. then, When I used the tool indicate in the picture, the error mentioned in the original post take place. For that reason I ask the question, Are there any method to change parameters of a meterial that I didn't create?

This happens when I import a model from revit too.

Captura.JPG

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Sorry for the language I used Robot in Spanish and I don't speak english very well.Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

Yes, but that would require to create a one (with the same name) in Job Preferences > replacing the material originally defined in the model with another one > removing this material from the project > applying the (newly created) material from Job Preferences to the objects of a model. I think it would be much easier for you to just create a new material in Job Preferences with properties as you need them and replace the one from the model with this new one.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report