Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines to walls

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
skellyRSA2023
1698 Views, 6 Replies

Lines to walls

Hi, is it possible that there is a API that converts lines to walls? I know there is one that converts beams to lines and vice versa however is there one that would convert lines to wall with RSA? I.e say you locate the line, and then it gives the option of extending the height of the wall over the line length? + or -.  I may be clutching at straws….

s. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Romanich
in reply to: skellyRSA2023

Hi @skellyRSA2023 ,

You can extrude lines to walls "from the box", i.e. no macro required. After that you can try this addin https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/robot-add-on-contourize-api/m-p/33588...

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 3 of 7
skellyRSA2023
in reply to: Romanich

Romanich, 

Thanks for getting back. when you say "from the box" are you referring to clicking on the imported line and then using extrude to polyline command? do you have snapshot of which tool you used? 

S. 

Message 4 of 7
Romanich
in reply to: skellyRSA2023

Romanich_0-1664280107701.png

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 5 of 7

Hi @skellyRSA2023 

below, Extrude, a program to create walls from bars, polylines or contours including arcs and fillets.Stephanekapetanovic_0-1691385079767.png

To use it, select node, bar, arc, line, polyline or contour, select the extrusion axis, specify the distance (+/-), set the switch button to global or local system, check or uncheck the checkboxes of the deletion of source elements or node selection and click OK. Local systems options works with arcs, flat polylines, bars and contours.

Best regards

Released 09/08/2023 - ExtrudeLines is now released, you can now download it from the Autodesk App Store

https://apps.autodesk.com/RSA/fr/Detail/Index?id=7422974311634678991&appLang=en&os=Win64

Message 6 of 7

Brillant work! Thanks. 

Message 7 of 7

Community,

I am delighted to inform you that the latest version of the program is now accessible on the app store! Feel free to go ahead and download it now.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/api-extrudelines-get-walls-from-lines...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report