Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insignificant Bending Moments and Weird Graphs on Ground-beams

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
trymoresthl
293 Views, 0 Replies

Insignificant Bending Moments and Weird Graphs on Ground-beams

Greetings Engineers.I exported the attached Revit model to Robot Structural Analysis.I created a material called " Trymo Pressed Clay Bricks" and gave it the relevant material properties.The purpose of putting masonry walls is not for masonry wall design but to bear and transfer the loads from the reinforced slabs and beams above.I had to generate the mesh and obtained error messages.I ignored some of the errors and proceeded on to structural analysis.On exploring the results I had to see weird bending moment and shear graphs for beams.The reactions at the foundations seem to be logically correct.

How should I address the following problems :

• What should be corrected so that the ground-beams receive the wall loads and exhibit normal parabolic bending moments graphs? 
  • In Revit I projected the wall analytic model to top of slab though the wall is underneath the monolithic beam cast with the slab and beam analytical line to top of beam.How best should the i deal with the Revit analytic model with this configuration?
  • I also wanted to divide the slabs into smaller individual panel but I do not know how to address the cantilevered slabs.How best should I divide the slabs into smaller panels

May you please assist.Thank you in advance

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report