Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line support release for uplift

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jacksym01
593 Views, 5 Replies

Line support release for uplift

I wish to model an internal masonry wall which supports an RC slab. There are uplift actions applied to the slab and so I wish the wall not to provide any support (uplift restraint) in this case. Please can you advice the criteria for a linear support which will provide support to downward acting actions but released for uplift.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Krzysztof_Wasik
in reply to: jacksym01

Hi @jacksym01 

You can define linear support with uplift on slab edge.

UPLIFT.png

Krzysztof Wasik
Message 3 of 6
jacksym01
in reply to: Krzysztof_Wasik

Hi,

Thank you for your response, however I don't think it is quite what I need. The wall support is mid span of a slab and not an edge with a beam. So I need to include a linear support. Is it possible to release the support for uplift so the load is taken to other supports rather than to release the slab edge?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Rafacascudo

Try this

uplift.JPG

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
jacksym01
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Hi,

Thanks for this. I have included a linear support with Uz+. However it produces an error, "No convergence of nonlinear problem". Is this acceptable?

Also I get slightly different My values for when a release support is included and omitted. Any explanation for this?

Message 6 of 6
Krzysztof_Wasik

Hi @jacksym01 

Please share file for verification.

I do not understand difference between model with support release and no support release so please explain difference

Krzysztof Wasik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report