Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show axial loads at each level on a wall elevation?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
skellyRSA2023
1053 Views, 7 Replies

How to show axial loads at each level on a wall elevation?

Hi,

I am doing a load takedown for a concrete cross wall frame, and I want to have a n elevation through each cross wall showing the axial load (under the selected load combination) at each level? see pdf attached. can this be done? i.e. showing in kN or KN/m? As at present I can only show the support reaction, is this done using panel cuts? or defining it as core wall etc.? if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

S.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi @skellyRSA2023

You can either use the core walls (diagrams for building) after having the stories defined or reduced values for panel cuts:

axial load at each level.JPG 

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for getting back, yes that's what I was looking for. See the attached snapshot, how do you adopt the diagram so that it varies linearly from top to the bottom as you have shown in the screenshot you sent me which is very useful in diagrams for buildings?

Message 4 of 8

Hi @skellyRSA2023

Mark FZ forces on the Core wall tab of the Diagrams for building dialog.

If one or more of these posts answered your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8

Thanks. Also, is there any way of showing applied moments in the direction if the panel other than on the attached pdf i.e. as a moment in kNm rather than an axial load at each level?

Message 6 of 8

Hi @skellyRSA2023

You already have them displayed:

reduced moment MY.JPG

They can also be displayed as the diagrams for core walls.

If one or more of these posts answered your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8

yes but I wanted them displayed on the elevation itself however I will try the core wall option. Many thanks for this, I will now leave you in peace, have a good weekend.

Message 8 of 8

Brilliant! Saves so much time going through tables! Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report