Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ground Bearing Slab Load Distribution According to Panel Thickness

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cainy7
173 Views, 3 Replies

Ground Bearing Slab Load Distribution According to Panel Thickness

Does Robot automatically assess how a load applied to a panel would distribute according to the panel thickness? 

Say for a panel with elastic supports defined for ground bearing slab had a 500mm thick shell assigned and a 100mm x100mm loaded area was applied, can/ would robot distribute this according to the panel thickness so the load will be considered as 1100mm x 1100mm (I believe this is considered for vertical loads on walls but couldn't find anything for slabs/ panels).

If not then I assume loads should be applied with consideration of a simple 45 degree load distribution through the thickness of the concrete so that at the bottom of the slab the loaded area is then representative of the load applied to the panel which would result in reduced bending moment and bearing pressures. I assume this is only really applicable for ground bearing slabs too because the panel is effectively supported in compression across the whole panel area according to the define elastic supports.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafacascudo
in reply to: cainy7

No ,it will not " enlarge" the application area due to 45 degrees/ thickness .

To have this effect  ,I am afraid you will have to model in solid FEs structure type

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
cainy7
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Thanks Rafa 

I assume when assessing the ground slab then the loaded area should be considered beforehand and applied to the panel as the loaded area at the bottom of the slab otherwise excessive moments will be generated?

I noticed that a TR34 calculation allowed for much less rebar than a design using a slab modelled in Robot hence the above queries. 

Message 4 of 4
Simau
in reply to: cainy7

@cainy7 

You may test the diffusion at 45° but at mid-thickness of the slab

M. Agayr
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report