Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Plot from Robot using VBA

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
494 Views, 5 Replies

Getting Plot from Robot using VBA

I am working on the automation for getting plot from Robot using VBA. I have been successful in getting the plots but for a particular requirement I wI am unable to proceed further. I would like to get the help in that regard.

My Requirements flow for obtaining forces and moments extreme values (using characteristics value) and their corresponding moments and forces respectively

• Getting characteristics points (forces / moments) for a view (desired elements)
  • Highlighting the extreme (maximum/minimum as per top and bottom reinforcement) characteristics point (forces/ moments)
  • Getting snap.plot1_Mxx.png
  • Getting the corresponding (moments/ forces) for the above highlighted point respectively
  • Getting snap and value for report

plot1_Nxx.png

Thankyou in advance.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hello Rafal;

I am already able to get that plot using VBA code. Further I want my code to identify the node where the maximum value for moment occurs. That also I am able to get now. But my next problem is in the contour plot it should show only one value for the corresponding value for the axial force for that node. (Not necessarily the maximum value)

Message 4 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

I do not think it is possible by API

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

OK...

Let me ask you one more question.

Let say I store the results (Wood & Amer, Tensile reinforcement (N>0) Nxx) for all the nodes of a panel in an excel and want to transfer the details to get a plot for that panel in Robot.

Basically mapping the result values for nodes in excel to corresponding nodes of the panel in Robot and generate the plots.

Is it possible to do so.

Message 6 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

It is not possible to upload "any results" to Robot.

Results can be only GET from Robot.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report