Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fv=0 ! ASCE7 case parameters

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Mohammed_Ata
682 Views, 9 Replies

Fv=0 ! ASCE7 case parameters

Dear, all 

RSA developing team 

While defining a case of ASCE7-16, while using parameters as shown. RSA gives me Fv value for soil to be ZERO! Also in the simplified note, it gives me the same value ZERO

It should be equal to 2.4 not 0 according to ASCE7-16 table 1613.3.3(2) as shown.

Any suggestions or solutions !?

@Refaat 

@Krzysztof_Wasik 

@Stephane.kapetanovic 

@Rafal.Gaweda 

(1) RSA parameters 

F.png

(2) RSA simplified note 

NOTE.png

(3) ASCE7-16 Code table for Fv values 

SITE COEFFECIENT Fv.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Refaat
in reply to: Mohammed_Ata

@Mohammed_Ata 

I think this issue should be reported to dev. team . For now you may use  ASCE7-10/IBC 2012.

Refaat

Capture 01.png

Message 3 of 10
Mohammed_Ata
in reply to: Refaat

Thank you @Refaat. Sure, i decided to do this but we need a reply from the dev. team for this.

Another question @Refaat , i have a building consisting of 3 parts (with 2 expansion joints). Are there any method to see each part own story drift table or to follow the classical method by dividing it to 3 models? 

Message 4 of 10

Hi @Mohammed_Ata 

This issue is registered for correction.

Krzysztof Wasik
Message 5 of 10
okapawal

Hi @Mohammed_Ata 

Actually the code site coefficient Fv table that you refer to comes from IBC code.  The values has been upgraded in 2018 edition:

https://codes.iccsafe.org/content/IBC2018P5/chapter-16-structural-design#IBC2018P5_Ch16_Sec1613 

ASCE 7-16 code site coefficient values are taken from this table:

okapawal_0-1643127492728.png

Our implementation does not cover 11.4.8 Site-Specific Ground Motion Procedures, so we return zero for these sites.

The same for Fa 

okapawal_1-1643127747285.png

Waldemar Okapa

Sr Product Owner
Message 6 of 10

Hi, 

I'm aware that in ASCE 7-16, if I use:

- Site Class: E

- Ss: 0.804

- S1: 0.333

Fa and Fv value can't be determined using Table 11.4-1 and Table 11.4-2 (ASCE 7-16) and in Robot it shows 0? value for SD1 as shown in the picture below. In ETABS, it is possible to input Fa and Fv parameters manually if it's in the same undetermined range as mentioned. 

I already determined the Fa and Fv parameters value myself, but how to input those parameters in Robot in this case?

Thanks!

Ryansulistian_0-1643174814099.png

Ryansulistian_1-1643174954447.png

Message 7 of 10
Ryan.sulistian
in reply to: okapawal

How do you propose for us to input Fa Fv value manually in Robot? As it is possible to be manually input in ETABS.

I'm currently facing similar problem to @Mohammed_Ata 

Message 8 of 10

No option in RSA to add these values manually 

Message 9 of 10

Not available in RSA

Message 10 of 10
okapawal

This feature has been added in Robot Structural Analysis 2024 release. Release notes 

Enabled manual definition of Short-Period Site Coefficient Fa and Long-Period Site Coefficient Fv for spectral seismic analysis according to Canadian NBCC 2010, and US ASCE 7-16 and IBC 2018 design codes.

Waldemar Okapa

Sr Product Owner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report