Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing load cases in excel? API?

63 REPLIES 63
SOLVED
Message 1 of 64
Anonymous
14702 Views, 63 Replies

Editing load cases in excel? API?

In order to create envelope diagrams, I'm about to create separate load cases for each span of a 30-span bridge and both symmetric and asymmetric loads. Is there a way to edit the load cases i excel, or do I have to create them all in Robot?

Thank you!

@Anonymous Artur Kosakowski marked Rafal Gawenda's post as the solution. If it did not work as an answer, please post your reply in this thread so that I can unmark the solution. 

63 REPLIES 63
Message 61 of 64

hi @bac5VG3Q 

Obtaining a copy of the complete table seems not implemented but it is possible to iterate line by line.

this youtube example shows the creation of a load record with API from VBA. In your case you can create a loop through an algorithm or an Excel table.

Best regards

Message 62 of 64
WALIDGIO
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

hello,

i used to copy this type of excel table to Robot in this format as it is in Robot Tables

WALIDGIO_0-1720000629509.png

as it is in RSA 

WALIDGIO_1-1720000684370.png

But in your sheet the nature of cases is now showing,

please can you add case nature and if it possible to format the table as showing in the image

can you solve it thank you

Message 63 of 64

hi @WALIDGIO 

the macro contained in "RMI_loadcomb_nested_with_subnatures_3" that you're using isn't based on emptying your project table as it is. Instead, it allows you to edit, modify and rewrite combinations directly from Excel to the Case Server.
However, the case natures encountered during reading are listed in the "Basic" tab in J2 "Available case natures names" and in C3 and following on a case-by-case basis.
As this is a free program, you can modify it as you see fit.

Best Regards

Message 64 of 64
WALIDGIO
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, I'm trying to import seismic Cases but it only load Basic case

WALIDGIO_0-1720009287559.png

but my combination includes seismic cases how to add the in the sheet

WALIDGIO_1-1720009401101.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report