Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different diagram results

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
587 Views, 5 Replies

Different diagram results

Hi!

I'm wondering about 2D Frame analysis differences. It's basically a similar problem as described here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/wrong-diagram-results/td-p/5163217

12.JPG

When I do the frame analysis, my calculations on paper and in Robot differ a bit. I understand it is due to the differences in material stiffness. The calculations on paper indicate, that the local extremum should be 45 not 50,62. Is there any way to discard the material stiffness so I could get the same results as on paper?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

did you make sure to use the same young module in ROBOT and in manual calculation?

Can you attach the model?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Well while doing manual calculations I didn't choose a specific material and disregarded Young's module and I'm wondering if the same thing is possible in Robot. I'd like to see the answer in Robot not affected by Young's module (45 kNm not 50,62 kNm is the answer I'm looking for).

Message 4 of 6
Rafacascudo

It doesn´t matter  the value of E as long as it is the same for the 3 bars. Results for bar forces will be the same being it steel or concrete . Deformations will be obviously different.

You are probably seeing the result at the wrong spot. Your book is probably showing the moment(45) at midspan while Robot is showing the max moment on that span. If you create a node on midspan and ask it to show all values ,then you will get what you want. Below with concrete as material instead of steel for all 3 bars

Capturar.PNG

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Yeah, I just noticed that too. Thank you

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I realized that you apply a release to the bar, that is why the moment is not correct, the moment diagram in the right figure is correct.

Release.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report