Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference in steel code calculation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
346 Views, 3 Replies

difference in steel code calculation

Hello, you can find in the attached structure that two bars (1 and 4 in the model) having the same forces form combination 4 are calculated with a major diference in the utilisation raport. Where does this difference come from considering the bars have same forces in them?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Due to the slight inaccuracy of the position of the bracing and the cladding the detection of the maximal bending moment for stability check is at the 'wrong' side of the bracing.

bracing position accuracy.png 

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I do not understand, is the model incorrect, or it is robot's fault? how can i prevent this from happening?

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

To avoid this situation I'd create a model in the way I suggested during the 3rd RSA webinar:

model geometry1.png

This also shows that the bracing should be set at 0.52L rather than at 0.54L for the previous solution.

If one or more of these posts answered your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report