Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

columns not visible on plan

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2854 Views, 5 Replies

columns not visible on plan

Why is it that I can not see my vertical column elements on XY plan views.

I suppose it has been turned of somewhere - but I dont know where.

I need to see a section of the columns elements on the plan views so I know where they are located

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Is it a building or a shell type model? For the prior make sure you have these columns correctly assigned to stories and you may also switch off filtering of stories. For the later make sure you switched on the section shapes on. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

it is a building.

I am aware that you can filter out elements. There is no filtering switched on

are you saying that sections of vertical elemens will only be visible if they are assigned to a story.

What if the vertical elements connect to the node in the plan nd from below and above as is usually the case.

What I have here are gallies suspended from a roof structure in SHS sections. I would like to see SHS sections in section

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

Such display type is available for a building type mode on the Plan tab of thehraphical viewer. For other types of model select the part of a model you want to see > open this selection in a new window > set "deep' XY projection.

XY projection.png

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

@Anonymous You're JPG's show that you are using the 'Building Type' model (as it gives you the default tabs as 'View' and 'Plan' in your window at the top).

A useful setting to check is (whilst in the 'Plan' view tab) under View>Display>Structure> expand the 'Backgrounds' option and tick the box for either 'Lower storey view' or 'Upper storey view' to show either the lower or upper elements in the plan view.

Message 6 of 6
mostafa_youssifSLJFL

View --> Display --> Uncheck this box [Display attributes only for selected objects]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report