Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cold formed steel profile

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
anwardawadi
2924 Views, 4 Replies

cold formed steel profile

I just created custom sections by importing dxf in the tool "define a section" according to the catalog of a manufacturer of cold formed steel, I made the model and the analysis and I noticed that Robot displays erroneous values and yet it confirms in the verification of the structure that everything is fine with a profile thickness equal to zero!
who has an ide in this problem? the section and double profile pusic robot refuses to make double profiles according to the AISI standard. Thank yourobot.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Message 3 of 5

You can also see this webinair: "How to creat and run code verification of user defined section"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLY-ggSrSwbZqow_60fiqJwS69mg1nQMzk&time_continue=2&v=joVyqoPnLU4

Muhammed Mamdouh (OPERA)
Structural Engineer, Instructor
Facebook |LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 4 of 5

Hi @anwardawadi

Robot cannot run the verification thin walled-walled sections according to the US steel codes. The only supported one is European EC3.

If one or more of these posts answered your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5
anwardawadi
in reply to: anwardawadi

Ultimately, I had to make a DIY, putting side by side tow columns as being a double standard profile and only section that robt requires (Old designations).

Thinks for all.

double.PNG

cold formed steel.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report