Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC beam design problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
StefanoPasquini6790
473 Views, 3 Replies

RC beam design problem

Good morning everybody,

I'm having problem with the design of the rc beam 130 in my model. I have to design one rc beam and one rc column, for all the user defined load combinations (a lot, due to italian regulation), but when I run the calculation I have always this message:

Beam 130 ISSUE.jpeg

Probably there's something that I'm doing wrongly, I'm not an rc expert user, my daily job is 99.5% made of steel.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Greetings

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Simau
in reply to: StefanoPasquini6790

Hi @StefanoPasquini6790

I run RC claculation under BAEL91, and i got a first waring before your's, saying that shear from truss (IPE) can't be taken into account.

error1.jpg

M. Agayr
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
StefanoPasquini6790
in reply to: Simau

Hi @Simau,

this message was related to the simplified combination rules. In my model I have some elements (bracings) in only tension/compression behaviour that can't be taken into account to define the simplfied combination. When you erase the auto combination generation, and leave only the manual combination, this message disappear and the problem of rc design remain.

Thank you for your time.

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 4 of 4

Hi @StefanoPasquini6790

The issue is due to the flatness of bar (130) and the indicated panel in the attached capture. If you try to correct the flatness of the panel and redefine this bar gain .then every thing will be like charm.

The corrected file is attached

Refaat

3.jpg

6.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report