Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circular buidling model

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sebastjan5KR2E
211 Views, 2 Replies

Circular buidling model

Greetings everybody. I am losing my mind over this model of a circular multifloor RC building: I have imported the model from Revit 2022 to Robot 2024 and I have been correcting it in order to run the analysis for two weeks now. I have used Delaunay mesh with size 0,5 and with regular option unchecked for all panels, but the model has so many discrepancies that I always get the message about cyclic reference of the kinematic constraints that occurs in ca. 40 places in the model. And because the panels of the walls are curved it is very difficult to correct the model in order to have a correct kinematic constraint where needed. So when I correct some wall I got an error on the other side or height of the wall for example.

Can somebody please suggest the most fitting or robust mesh options for this kind of model? And also how to correct the model in an efficient way and don't lose two more weeks to get the analysis running.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

With this level of problems ,you should forget the Revit model and build the model from scratch in RSA.

And on job preferences/meshing ,

Unmark everything related to kinematic constraints .

I really do not know why it is still present as an option if it is always not recomended by official autodesk support here in the forum.

It clearly was created for this mess that is sometomes created by the Revit model conversion

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Hi @sebastjan5KR2E

I agree with what Rafael says, you can't continue to mesh as it is. There are initial geometric irregularities that exceed the tolerances (see EXP report in PM) . the points of the arcs and segments are not identical between slab and walls, you must repeat all the curves ensuring that the arcs are interrupted at the junctions with the other panels and that their lengths do not exceed 4.5m when they meet superimpose. To do this I can advise you to use SplitArcs and Extrudelines. (see this short demo)

Once your model has been reestablished, to save your efforts, do a preliminary mesh per phase by meshing the panels individually. Sometimes to work constructively you can export certain parts to work on them faster.

Best regards 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report