Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will happen if graphics card doesn't meet revit system requirement ?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
walidinJKACC
903 Views, 2 Replies

What will happen if graphics card doesn't meet revit system requirement ?

I want to buy laptop but limited bugdet and the laptop has graphics card Nvidia Quadro T600.

(Dell Precision 3561 Workstation 32 GB Ram)

I see on page Autodesk Certified Graphics Hardware and search for Nvidia Quadro T600 but it doesnt show on revit 2021, 2020, and 2019.

Is it still worth to buy?

Spesification of Nvidia Quadro T600:

2022-05-09_081611.jpg

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: walidinJKACC

The certified graphics hardware is only an "assurance" that this card work with Revit. Autodesk tests it software with different systems/graphic cards. However due to the huge amount of graphics cards it is impossible to test everything.

So that a card is not on that list does not mean it will not work with Revit. You only have a very minimal risk that when you buy a card not on that list it will not work together with Revit. You always can do an internet seacrh for your raphics card and see if there are reports of issues with Revit. In general I never pay attention to that list. Most of the times if it is Revit only related I buy middle of the road graphics card (like gaming cards, GeForce or similar).

If graphics card is reasonable modern and has enough memory and can display the minimum/advised resolutions it should work.

Revit is largely CPU driven , so limited use of the Graphics card. I think even now rendering is done with the CPU and not the GPU. In general amount of memory, CPU and hardddsik (SSD) ar much more important.

Of course for other software/tasks a high end graphics card might be useful (rendering software like 3DSMax)

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
walidinJKACC
in reply to: L.Maas

Thank you very much for your complete explanation @L.Maas 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators