Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference bewteen Revit, Revit LT, and Revit Structure

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2553 Views, 5 Replies

What is the difference bewteen Revit, Revit LT, and Revit Structure

Hi,

I'm trying to identify what the differences are between Revit, Revit Structure, and Revit LT.  I can find the web pages that detail the differences between Revit and Revit LT, but I haven't been able to find great information about what the difference is between Revit and Revit Structure.

Also, Is Revit Structure only available via the Plant Design Suite, and Revit only via Building Design Suite, with Revit LT the only one of the three that can be acquired by itself?

Any links or information would be helpful 🙂

Thanks!

-William

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
edwin.prakoso
in reply to: Anonymous

There are 3 flavours of Revit: Revit Architecture, Revit Structure and Revit MEP.

Revit has all of those in one package. You can get Revit by purchasing Building Design Suite Premium or Ultimate.

Revit LT has limited capabilities compared to Revit. For example, you can't do photorealistic rendering within the product. No worksharing and no API. 

You can find more details about the differences between Revit and Revit LT here.

Cheers,
Edwin Prakoso
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: edwin.prakoso

What is the difference between Revit Structure and the other two?  Perhaps more specifically, what's the difference between Revit Structure and Revit?

Revit is only available via the Building Design Suite and Revit Structure comes with the AutoDesk Plant Suite... soooo what distinguishes Revit from Revit Structure?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
edwin.prakoso

Probably this can help: http://blogs.rand.com/architectural/2010/11/what-s-the-difference-between-revit-architecture-structu...

The bottom line is Revit has every tool for architecture, structure and MEP. Revit structure only has tools for structural modeling. 

Cheers,
Edwin Prakoso
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
edwin.prakoso

And this is the comparison matrix.

Cheers,
Edwin Prakoso

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: edwin.prakoso

Thanks for the information!  That's really helpful.

A follow-up question, my application has a need to model pipe runs, ducting, etc. so looking at the comparison matrix it would indicate that we would need Revit MEP or Revit.  The Plant Design Suite page says it includes Revit Structure, which doesn't seem to support these features according to the comparison matrix, but the web page for Plant Design Suite says it has the tools for pipe modeling, etc.

http://www.autodesk.com/suites/plant-design-suite/features/all/gallery-view

Apologies if I'm just missing something that's obvious, I'm not terribly familiar with the AutoDesk family of tools so I'm a little confused... we're trying to identify which tools we might need for our application.  Primarily, we're looking to model pipe runs, conduit, ducting, and structure.  From what I can tell so far, Plant Design Suite would be the way to go but it also sounds like Revit Structure might be missing key features... ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report