Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Framing as Nested Family - Steel Connections

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
533 Views, 2 Replies

Structural Framing as Nested Family - Steel Connections

Halo Forum,

It's the first time that I am posting somthing so bear with me pls.

image 1.PNG

I wand to make a frame as a "structural framing", see image 1. For this (1) I inserted columns as "structural columns" and beams as "structural framing". (2) These families are from the "Revit Family library". (3) These families are edited and made "shared" as I want to be able to select them in my project environement. As you can see in the image 1 the beam is nicely connected to the columns. When the columns are moved, the  beams are ajusted nicely, without locking the beam ends (this is also not possible).

The issue is that when I am inserting this into the project

environment or in an another family as nested, the beam is getting detached as seen in image2. I know that this has to do with the fact that these families are "shared" and "native structural family template". I would like to know if there is a way to solve this.....? 

image 2.PNG

I don't have this issue with the elements that are (1) modelled in "generig model family template" as sweep and then (2) the category swithed to structural framing. But unfortunatly this method is not right as I CAN't apply steel connection to it.

Thanks.

Rasa

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnjmbennett
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I am almost certain you cannot use nested details for steel detailing in revit, it basis is conning from how it is approached in Advance steel.

there is a help section on steel detailing in Revit help.   It behaviour is different in Revit to let’s say normal revit workflows.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/EN...

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: johnjmbennett

Thank you for the reply, I wil have a look.

image 3.PNG

If I use "native structural revit families" as nested/shared, I can apply steel connections. However, the beams are moved which I cant adjust. See Image3
But I stil need to export to Advance steel so I can apply the steel connections there. This is also an issue, becaus the beam is adjusting...which is an issue.

But tnx anyway.

with kind regards,

Yamoh RAsa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators