Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stell connection material

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
info
3131 Views, 7 Replies

Stell connection material

I have a problem with steel connection in Revit 2019.

There is no material sheet as in the previous version 2018 (see images).

How can i assign steel material?

Thanks

Nodi2018.jpgNodi2019.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mihai.sandu
in reply to: info

Hi,

Starting with Revit 2019 you can select the individual objects of the steel connection, using TAB key. 
If you select the Shear Plate, you can change the plate material from the Properties menu.

Material-Properties palette.png

Regards,

Mihai Sandu

Sr. QA Analyst

Message 3 of 8
info
in reply to: mihai.sandu

Thank you very much

Message 4 of 8

Great!

So in a project with 105 columns we are suppposed to do so about 450 times, manually... Thank you Revit, you really help us forward. What else would we be doing all day long...???

Message 5 of 8
AntDrt
in reply to: info

hi @info you can just select all plates in your model and set their material globally in the property palette. 

Antoine
AMG Fechoz
Serrurerie & Equipement Scénographique
www.amg-fechoz.com
Message 6 of 8

Hi @peter.vanorshoven ,

Your point is valid. Since we don't have any other choice, As a workaround I will select all the structural connection elements and filter them out as per the requirements and apply material as per the requirements.

image.pngimage.png

Message 7 of 8
timea.bodan
in reply to: mihai.sandu

Hi. Is is possible to change the material to all connections at the same time? Or to assign a specific material to all new connections that will be created from that point on?  Thanks.

Message 8 of 8
timea.bodan
in reply to: timea.bodan

connection.PNG Could anyone please help me find out why the connection doesn`t show to be the same colour, even if the same material is used? I am using Revit2020.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report