Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair top of landing walking surface

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
chriskD6WP2
154 Views, 2 Replies

Stair top of landing walking surface

Is there a way to get the stair tool to show the plate on the landing going over top of the stringers?

chriskD6WP2_0-1720041746741.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
msgambelluri
in reply to: chriskD6WP2

There was a post on this in 2014 and the final question was also asking something similar to your question.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/stair-stringer-position/m-p/5293319#M82779

Does answer your question?

If not and if you are using non rectangular (custom profile) stringers then consider creating your own landing from a floor element and remove or turn off the (auto generated) stair landing.

Custom Stair stringers are hard coded to be outboard of the edge of the stair landing. Even if you modified the "stringer profile" the stair system family would still place it outboard. If you want to use stair landing generated from the stair system family then you could always place your own stringers using structural framing. It would require additional work for mitering and trimming. Or I suppose you could make a custom railing that also looks like a stringer

Marcello Sgambelluri

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
chriskD6WP2
in reply to: msgambelluri

I kind of played around with it this past weekend and realized something. If I created a nosing profile the length of the channel flange, I could apply that profile to all sides of the plate landing. As a result, the nosing then overlapped the top of the channels and looks like the image below. Solution! 

chriskD6WP2_0-1720534562750.pngchriskD6WP2_1-1720534580297.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report