Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot elevation leader

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jeroendewind
2552 Views, 6 Replies

Spot elevation leader

Hi all,

Is it possible to adjust leaders of the 'spot elevation' so that they're not attached to the object they're referring to, the same as with normal dimension lines? When I add the spot elevation, it's ruining my drawing, see the red arrow, while before adding the spot elevation, it was just like the blue one.

28e8a5ecd76a4c17a5de04bf85b6d59d

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RDAOU
in reply to: jeroendewind

@jeroendewind Hi

There are two ways to do it

1. Select the spot elevation the edit type >> under graphics make the color white .
  2. second method is to switch Leader off completely (it will be placed right on top of the slab) then select the grip of the text to drag it and place it at the end of the witness line of ur dimension annotation 

below is the first option 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7
jeroendewind
in reply to: RDAOU

Thanks for the reply, but both solutions work for me. The solution with white leaders makes my dimlines dissapear, since I made them before the spot elevation. I also tried to make my own symbol, with a line not on point 0,0 and using a spot elevation with no leader (since the line should have the function of leader) but that was horrible.

Message 4 of 7
jeroendewind

I came across this topic again when searching again for this problem. The issue is still not fixed.

The solutions above don't work for me, the "both solutions work for me" was a typo.

I really want the leader and shoulder to be turned on because I like the way how those spot elevations are placed. Turning them off would place the elevation right on top of the model so I would have to drag them manually (withouth horizontal fixation) into position, and then also losing it's reference. Also, I like to place spot elevations sometimes without a dimension, so when I do that it's just floating beside the object.

Making them white would make my dimension lines dissapear (it's placed over the dimline) and has the same problem when I don't use dimlines; it's just floating text.

The normal spot elevation is near perfect, it only needs a feature to be kept seperate form the object, just with normal dimension lines. 

It's been several Revit updates later, hope they worked something out. Thanks in advance!

Jeroendewind

Message 5 of 7
Dewi.franckx

Hi Jeroen,

I ran into the same problem. Did you find a workaround?

Message 6 of 7
jeroendewind
in reply to: Dewi.franckx

Nope, still the same problem. Created a new topic a while ago (link in my profile?) but also no replies there.

Edit: It wasn't a new topic, just a new reply here. 

Message 7 of 7
SamehM8TCMC

HI,

I use the override option and it works. 

but not the best solution*  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators