Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying the crop region of a section

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
NERDASORUS
302 Views, 2 Replies

Specifying the crop region of a section

Hello

Is there a way to specify the crop region of a section while I'm creating the section (like from B1 to GF)??

I have a huge project, so when I create a section it covers the whole building and changing the crop region manually would require to open the section and manipulate it , which will make Revit stutter and lag...

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gevanKGYB4
in reply to: NERDASORUS

I don't think there is a way to do that. The section always cut thru the whole model elevation wise.

However, if one of the problem is the stutter and lag, I would suggest creating a dummy view template which you can uncheck the 'show model categories in this view', set the section to use the dummy view template prior to going into the section view. Then go into the section, modify the crop region there to the levels you want, then change the view template back to your standard one.

Message 3 of 3
RDAOU
in reply to: NERDASORUS

Pass..till we hear back from you on older posts 🙂

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators