Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up template line weights

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1927 Views, 4 Replies

Setting up template line weights

Hi there,

I am trying to set up a revit template with custom line weights. I have pens from 1 - 16 set up and have added filters to adjust the line weights for some parts (concrete columns, steel columns, timber columns, joists, grid lines...). My questions are:

1. How do you apply the filters and line weights to all views, not just the one you're in?

2. How do you change line weights for hidden lines of parts? (When you make a filter you can only adjust projection/surface lines and cut lines)

3. How to adjust line weights for parts in elevation (ex. columns, beams or walls of different materials [steel, wood, concrete...])

Is there an easier way than adding filters? I've adjusted the ones that I needed in object styles as well, but I'm open to suggestions for the rest of it.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'll attempt to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge:

1. Use view templates to assign various visibility requirements and filters. This way you can apply view templates to multiple view (i.e. plans, sections, elevations etc.) without having to repeat the settings over and over again. See below:

1.PNG

For questions 2 and 3, I'm guessing you just want to edit certain lines of objects in your project? If that is the case, you can use the Linework tool to override line types for individual objects (either the whole object or parts of the object). Line tool can be found here:

1.PNG

Hope that helps!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi there,

Thanks for your help!

For the hidden lines question, I'm trying to create a standard for a view template. I want to be able to control the hidden line line weight for different members (columns, beams, etc...) and apply it to every view. Is there a way to do this?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

you can find hidden line setting under VG

HL.PNG

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

A.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators