Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 23 to IFC 2x3 wall geometry export issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
joonas.saari
360 Views, 1 Reply

Revit 23 to IFC 2x3 wall geometry export issue

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is some IFC exporter bugs in the latest release of Revit 2023? Latest hot-fix didn't fix these issues described below either.

So I have an issue with exported wall geometry when exporting IFC to IFC 2x3. When exported to IFC4 format, geometry looks as it should in IFC. I have a wall with three structural layers, 70 mm concrete, 220 mm insulation and 150 mm concrete so the overall thickness of the wall is 440 mm. Wall type properties is modified to have a top distance extension parameter on 150 mm concrete layer.

In IFC 2x3 format Revit exports these walls like as "total wall top offset from level" would be set and not just one layer, which is given the "top extension distance" value. In IFC4 wall exports and displays as it should. Screenshots of the both IFCs are attached below. My earlier project was designed with Revit 2022 and about everything worked also with IFC 2x3. First one is from IFC 2x3.

IFC 2x3.png

IFC 4.png

The second issue what I noticed with IFC 2x3 (with Revit 2023) is that the other wall type is exported 20 mm thinner as it should. This wall type in question has a reveal profile of 20 mm of width loaded to it's structure. And as said, also this kind of reveals exported as they should when exporting to IFC 2x3 from Revit 2022.

Thickness IFC 2x3.png

Thickness IFC4.png

Thanks in advance!

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: joonas.saari

Possibly. Other user also had issues with IFC wall exports from 2023 as seen HERE.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report