Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2018 steel connection doesn´t work

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
iegia
4818 Views, 7 Replies

Revit 2018 steel connection doesn´t work

Hello

I can´t launch Steel connection 2018.
When I pick connections to load the connections types it occurs a fatal error. ( in the attached image)
I was participating  Steel Modeling in Revit Release Preview (Autodesk beta). May be this the reason? I have uninstalled the Revit Release Preview, I think.

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
A_MAQ
in reply to: iegia

@iegia, Sorry the language of error is not known to me ,

-----------------------
Autodesk Expert Elite
Message 3 of 8
mihai.sandu

Hi Inaki,

This issue may be linked to the fact that the database keys (LDF files) are from the earlier Revit Preview Release installation.

Please delete, ONLY the LDF files, from the following location: 

"c:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit Steel Connections 2018\en-US"LDF keys.png

Reopen Revit 2018 and then the Connection Settings dialog. The dialog should open and you should no longer receive the warning message.

Regards,

Mihai Sandu

Sr. QA Analyst

Message 4 of 8

I've a similar problem trying to modify steel connections from an updated Revit 2017 structure model. Whenever I select the existing connection the program crashes. Also, there are no connection type to install in the pull down

Message 5 of 8
paulwitham

Hi

we are having the same issue, when i got to connection settings to load all the connection types, it crashes or i eventually get to it but with a complete empty list of connections

what's the solution please?

Thanks

Paul

Message 6 of 8

Hi Michael, Paul,

The most probable cause, of the issue that you are experiencing, is the fact that the databases are not read. Steel Connections installs some databases in "c:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit Steel Connections 2018\en-US".

There are 2 scenarios in which this can happen:

1. You installed a Preview Release version of Revit 2018, uninstalled it and then installed the official Revit 2018 version. In this case the .ldf keys that are used to open the databases are from the Preview Release and Revit 2018 official can't use them to open the databases. To fix this case you will need to open "c:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit Steel Connections 2018\en-US" folder and delete all the .ldf keys. Once you open a Connection Dialog or the Connection Settings dialog, new ldf keys will be generated automatically.

2. You don't have SQLLocalDB installed. Please install ENU\x64\SqlLocalDB.msi from the following location

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46697

If you have Office x64 then you can proceed to install the downloaded SQLLocalDB x64.

If you have Office x86 then SQLLocalDB x64 must be installed in silent mode, from command prompt. 

Try to fix the issue with these steps, if you hit any problems don't hesitate to post again, and I will help you.

Regards,

Mihai Sandu

Sr. QA Analyst

Message 7 of 8

Have tried every possible scenario suggested, or researched and still am unable to utilize steel connection in Revit 2018

Message 8 of 8

Finally, after great patience and investigative work on behalf of Mihai Sandu from Autodesk my Revit Steel Connections 2018 are now working as expected after following all advice and direction provided including this AKN Article: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report