Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinforced Concrete Columns

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
abooodeh.ne
4427 Views, 7 Replies

Reinforced Concrete Columns

Hey, I just started learning Revit recently, in my latest project I have been tasked to insert some reinforced concrete columns but I couldn't find any concrete columns in my Revit program so I tried to search for a family online, but unfortunately, I found nothing related to concrete columns so I was wondering are concrete columns supposed to be installed by default into Revit and there was an error in my installation process, or are they not included and I need to get them Online(if so how can I find the family I'm looking for).

Thank you for taking the time to read my post 

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
EdwinG
in reply to: abooodeh.ne

Structural columns are standard in Revit and can host rebar.

The rebar you have to add "manually" 

EdwinG_0-1598809549467.png

EdwinG_1-1598809610864.png

Message 3 of 8
abooodeh.ne
in reply to: EdwinG

Can you elaborate on manually, where can I get the file from, I can't find it online, if you can send a download link that would help a lot.

Message 4 of 8
EdwinG

there was an error in my installation process

It is by default in the structural template or here -- C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2020\Family Templates\English (or other language) but i advise to uninstall and reinstall revit again to get rid of the error

Message 5 of 8
ToanDN

ToanDN_0-1598824741965.png

Message 6 of 8
abooodeh.ne
in reply to: ToanDN

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program but still, I can't find the same files that you showed in your picture, when I try to load families from Revit the folder seems empty but when I open with file explorer I find .rft files.

Message 7 of 8
ennujozlagam

it could be your templates and libraries are not installed, you can refer to article on how to install and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Hey! I had the same problem then I asked one of colleague about it on linkedIN. He told me that these libraries are not included in Revit 2021 and adviced me to download to Revit 2018. He shared one of his Revit file that had concrete column, I simply copied that material in my project. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report