Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebars are placed outside of its host

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
db
Advocate
2979 Views, 7 Replies

Rebars are placed outside of its host

Hi,

I am trying to set up a rebar template but am struggling with the "Rebar is placed completely outside of it's host" error message.  Revit seems to accept rebar projecting from it's host but at some point it becomes unacceptable but I can't work out what this limit is.  I am trying to create a pile cap with projecting starter bars but if I extend the bars too much I get the error.

Can anyone tell me what criteria causes this error ?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
peticid
in reply to: db

Hi Dean,

Can you please attach the file or a picture of this problem, so I can see what's the situation here?

Kind regards,

Dan Peticila, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Product Manager | Autodesk Revit

Message 3 of 8
db
Advocate
in reply to: peticid

Thanks for the response peticid.  This is a screenshot of what I am trying to achieve (the bar projecting to the left hand side - I want the same bar projecting out of the other side also).  This works ok as currently shown (projecting one side) and also if I have the opposite side projecting some random amount but if I try to extend to the blue reference plane or adjust the length to achieve the same end result I get the outside of host error.

Just to add....it seems that it won't accept the opposite side projecting the same amount but will accept projecting less or more, just not the same amount.

Message 4 of 8
peticid
in reply to: db

Hi Dean,

I checked this and the warning you are receiving is due to a missing implementation in the Revit code for reinforcement. I would like to thank you for spotting this issue and reporting it to us. I can assure you we will add this on our list of future fixes.

In the meantime, I would like to highlight that this warning does not have any side effect on the model, nor on the rebar numbering, tagging or scheduling.

Again, thank you for finding it and please come back to me whenever you have any query regarding rebar modelling.

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 8
db
Advocate

OK thanks peticid.  Can I ask...do you deal with rebar issues only or other Revit structure problems ?  The reason I ask  is that I posted another issue a while back that I feel may be an error within Revit.

Message 6 of 8
jamess166

Good day,
I have a problem when placing the rebar, it turns out that revit detects me the host, however to click to accept the message appears in the image, and it is deleted.

Captura.PNGCaptura_01.PNG

Message 7 of 8
peticid
in reply to: jamess166

Hi James,

Could you please share more details about how you're trying to place the stirrups in that beam? I am also interested to know if you use a particular section for that and how you are placing them (using current work plane / near cover reference etc.).

Kind regards,

Message 8 of 8
prasad.boluvai

Dears,

I'm facing same issue.. Even if I create new structural wall also I cant place rebars. It gives error message.  Please let me know what is the issue here.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report