Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar, such as placing reinforcing steel, to more than one element at a time

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jonotega1990
1529 Views, 5 Replies

Rebar, such as placing reinforcing steel, to more than one element at a time

Greetings to all contributors to this post. I wonder if anyone can instruct me as you can do, to place the reinforcing steel of any element, whatever, shoes, beams, columns, or others. To more than one element at a time. of two or more equal elements at the same time. No need to be doing this for each of the elements over and over again repetitively.

Attached 3d detail, for more understanding of what you want to do, put reinforcing steel, to the concrete elements at the same time, without editing them one by one, as it would be to put the reinforcement of all the columns at the same time.

Several concrete elements that need steel reinforcement.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: jonotega1990

Create a set of rebar for one element and copy it to identical ones.
Message 3 of 6
jonotega1990
in reply to: ToanDN

If it is true that it is possible just to go copying and pasting,

But my concern is to know if there is a way that is simultaneous, so that it is automatic to create the reinforcements of an element in the shortest time possible and immediately for all types of elements of the same instance.

And thanks for your first contribution, let's hope to find a new intervention different from that we can learn even much more.

Thank you...

Message 4 of 6
vatamanc7217
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN wrote:
Create a set of rebar for one element and copy it to identical ones.

Copying works, but you still have to check the constraints one by one to make sure they relate to the right rebars/covers/faces. Can you make a rule of how the constraints behave when changing hosts?? So far I noticed sometimes they jump to the first concrete face they find, sometimes they change from cover to face, but I cannot know before hand which keeps it's right relation and which I have to recheck. I guess the constraints should adjust perfectly if the hosts are identical but this situation is rare in a project....

Message 5 of 6

Currently you cannot make such a rule.

When copying a bar that is constrained in a particular way, the new bar produced looks for its own constraints.

If the elements are really similar or identical, it will probably get those right.

There is no logic that automatically matches the target and destination host elements (corresponding faces) and recreates identical bar constraints.

Ovidiu Paunescu, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Sr. Product Owner | Autodesk Revit

Message 6 of 6

Hi @jonotega1990;

It is possible by using Revit Extension. But your structure must be simple like normal columns and beams etc. Watch the screen cast for a quick demo from this link.

https://autode.sk/2zbrmxT

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report