Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar structural parameters

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
799 Views, 7 Replies

Rebar structural parameters

Gud morning all . This is a dowel bar using in precast construction. I need to maintain the crank length (300mm) and offset (50mm) constant throughout the project .The value 790 is adjustable parameter .In revit case rebar family behavior is so flexible. So I can't lock the length values .how can I make this ? If anyone has answer please answer me.t Thanks

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jamess166
in reply to: Anonymous

It is true, sometimes the automation of revit generates a problem for me, I have two solutions or at least help in something, but I have achieved it programmatically: Block reinforcements (Register an Updater that is activated every time a bar is modified, check if it is blocked and throws an error, then at a glance it is blocked), the other and easier to achieve is to convert them into rebar container (you can do it with the API or also with Dynamo, unfortunately they are the only ways). if those measurements are fixed, it won't work but you could put those values ​​inside the family like formula = 300 or = 500, the side you want to block.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jamess166

Hi James 

If I put formula in structural rebar parameters, it couldn't load into project (the load into project option goes fade off ). Really it's frustrating 😣

I'm knowing nothing about either dynamo nor programs.in fact I'm a nobie to revit 

Message 4 of 8
jamess166

Hi

Give me a few days to upload a pluggin, which allows you to convert to rebar container. If you want more structure plugins, you can download them from here:

https://qcingenieros.com/bim-tools/

Message 5 of 8
ovidiu_paunescu

@Anonymous  currently you cannot lock any of the dimensions of rebar, when using shape driven bars.

You could sketch the bar and set the geometry to free form. This will create a bar that won't react to anything.

After finishing the sketch, you can change the Workshop Instructions to Bend. This will match it to a Revit rebar shape and report the segment lengths. 

If a matching shape isn't loaded, it will be created.

@jamess166 i would recommend you look at free form rebar as well, for your plugins. It is more versatile than the rebar container.

Ovidiu Paunescu, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Sr. Product Owner | Autodesk Revit

Message 6 of 8
jamess166
in reply to: ovidiu_paunescu

@ovidiu_paunescu , Excellent idea, I will try to implement it.

Message 7 of 8
petrlanik

Is there a chance to set the locked length for shape driven rebar in 2024 version? It still does not allow to set equation for doímension parameter, nor leaving the dimension without parameter.

Any chance also to be able to place the set of the rebar in the direction that is not perpendicular to the plane of rebar shape without adapting it by variable rebar set and selectin appropriate constrain planes.

What about alowing rebar on trajectory not ponly for walls and slabs? And maybe allow setting the direction of rebar so it is not only perpendicular to selected trajectory.

Petr

Message 8 of 8
petrlanik

One more question, if I use the free form rebar wotkaround, the shape is locked and can not be swapped for another shape that would for example have different legth of some segments. The only possibility to addapt this rebar is by editing constraints, but this possibility in Revit is very limited.

Petr

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report