Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar Location Display Error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
myles.lacy
275 Views, 5 Replies

Rebar Location Display Error

My rebar is not displaying correctly in one of my views. I aligned my upper layer of rebar to the top of my lower level of rebar in a footing, but for some reason it only displays correctly in one of my views. Attached is a screenshot of the issue. I took a dimension to show that there is 0mm between the top of one layer and the bottom of the other.

myleslacy_0-1645141799443.png

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RDAOU
in reply to: myles.lacy

@myles.lacy 

Set both views to the same View Detail

RDAOU_0-1645425669503.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 6
myles.lacy
in reply to: RDAOU

Hello,

Thanks for your response. Both were already set to medium. Changing the view detail does not appear to help.

@RDAOU 

Message 4 of 6

Hi @myles.lacy 

That is strange.

Can you attach a sample project showing this behavior?

Ovidiu Paunescu, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Sr. Product Owner | Autodesk Revit

Message 5 of 6
myles.lacy
in reply to: myles.lacy

Please see the attached.

Thank you

Message 6 of 6

Hi @myles.lacy 

It looks like you moved the individual bars in the set, in Section 2. 

Section 1 is cutting through that set and is parallel to the bars. This is a special case in Revit, where a single bar is displayed, even if the section through the set does not include any bar from the set in the section range.

Here is a more general example, where Revit shows the transverse reinforcement even though all stirrups are out of range.

StirrupVisible.png

The fact that the bar is shown in that original position in section 1 and the dimensions shows 0 is something that will be addressed in a future version of Revit.

Section1&2.png

I recommend you select and move the entire set

MoveSet.png

OR 

Edit the rebar constraints for the set, in section 2, and click to constrain it to the other set.

This means that when changing the diameter of the bottom bars, the other bars constrained to them will get shifted up.

ConstrainToBottom.png

The ability to move bars in a set is more for situations where you require some minor adjustments and you don't want to split the set.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ovidiu Paunescu, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Sr. Product Owner | Autodesk Revit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators