Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar Issue(s)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
770 Views, 7 Replies

Rebar Issue(s)

I am trying to place some rebar in a wall in Revit 2019.2.

After I place a ‘U’ Bar (shape code 21) it will not stay the size I set in the properties. The A & C dimensions are ok but the B dimension (width) keeps changing when I click apply?

I want a ‘U’ bar that is from cover to cover so it will straddle the horizontal bars in the wall and be in line with the vertical ones, all pretty standard (you would think!). Every time I change it to 240 it changes back to 224? See attached screen shot.

Why is everything in Revit so difficult? This is a basic, supposedly simple thing and Revit seems to want to do it’s best to make it as difficult as possible. When are Autodesk going to sort this program out and make it user friendly? I spend endless hours wasting time trying to get around things Revit won’t do.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ovidiu_paunescu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you upload a sample project showing this issue?

Also, could you try editing the bar constraints (Select bar > Modify | Structural Rebar > Edit Constraints) and setting the segment constraints to the cover.

It may be that the segments are automatically constraining to another bar in that element.

Constraints.jpg

Ovidiu Paunescu, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Sr. Product Owner | Autodesk Revit

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ovidiu_paunescu

I've tried to edit the constraints but it won't let me drag one of them to the cover it just snaps back. It's ridiculous that this is even an option Revit should simply allow you to make the bar whatever dimensions you need. But once again it has to make this simple task as difficult as possible.

Drop box link to my model is below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q4wtn5rm0fdekbb/AAAse5ZEIYNJDjin5cHFLX3da?dl=0

Message 4 of 8
ovidiu_paunescu

There is no rebar in this model and Section 15 is missing as well, so maybe it's an older version.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ovidiu_paunescu

There was rebar in it when I uploaded it so I don't know why you can't see it

Message 6 of 8
ovidiu_paunescu

Here's the rebar schedule from the project. It's probably an older version or something

1.jpg

Message 7 of 8
awes

There was also some rvt-links not available. I didn't find any rebars in the model and the section 15 was missing.

Inserted rebars and they performed as expected. But I have also noticed in some models strange behaviour of U-bars living their own life as you wrote about. Let's figure out what's going on.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: awes

I get this problem all time. Bars do not stay the size they were created and you can't edit the constraints. I have to model them incorrectly...say placed outside of ground beam or in the middle for central links to all stay the same Bar mark. very frustrating. Is there an answer?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report