Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar Cover misbehaving at window

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Shaiki_
565 Views, 2 Replies

Rebar Cover misbehaving at window

Hello,

I have structural area reinforcing not adjusting to the preset cover settings around a window. It works as expected at the sides of the window, but not at the top and bottom. However, when I insert a generic model wall opening, the reinforcing cuts back correctly. I've attached a file showing what im working with. Please let me know if you find what seems to be causing the vertical rebar to run right to the window edge!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ovidiu_paunescu
in reply to: Shaiki_

Hello @Shaiki_

If you place a regular rebar in your wall, you will see that the cover is correctly displayed.

OpeningCover.PNG

What's happening here, is that the larger area reinforcement is cut by the 2 openings which are internal to it. This is because you sketched the overall reinforcement by selecting the wall and just providing a span direction. This means that all the openings are auto-detected.

The smaller one, in the picture below is actually sketched over the opening (see image below).

You just need to drag the boundary back from the opening.

AreaReinfBoundary.PNG

Ovidiu Paunescu, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Sr. Product Owner | Autodesk Revit

Message 3 of 3
Shaiki_
in reply to: ovidiu_paunescu

Okay, so when you manually sketch a boundary, it doesn't stay clear of the boundary by the edge cover setting? That's all I was confused about because it seems to stay clear on the edges parallel to the span, but not perpendicular.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators