Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar Container in Schedule

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
2057 Views, 11 Replies

Rebar Container in Schedule

Hello everyone,

we started using Dynamo for rebar modeling of complex Bridge geometries and we put the generated rebars in containers. Then we have the problem that the created container doesn't Show up in the schedule. Do i forget a Dynamo Node for it? I put a picture in the attachment.

Thanks for your help.

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ovidiu_paunescu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you add a sample project showing this issue?

Also, I would recommend looking into using free form rebar for this type of task. It is very versatile and, if the bars are planar, it can also match rebar shapes and extract segment lengths.

The Structural Design package has some good tools for creating rebar, but you can also find API documentation for defining free form rebar.

StructuralDesign.png

Ovidiu Paunescu, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Sr. Product Owner | Autodesk Revit

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: ovidiu_paunescu

Hi @ovidiu_paunescu ,

thanks for your help. 

Yes there is a .rvt file in my OneDrive folder with a few rebar containers. The schedule is called 'Stabliste Kappe'. Pos means Mark of the rebar and all rebar containers are missing there (Mark 3-5 for example). 

https://uibkacat-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/laurin_ernst_student_uibk_ac_at/Ehp1FMLkKQZBscVy77...

I'll try to use the node for creating free form rebars and let you know if it works.

RebarContainer.png

Message 4 of 12
ovidiu_paunescu

Hi @Anonymous 

It looks like indeed there is an issue with the rebar container.

I don't have a workaround to recommend.

The only recommendation i have at this moment is to try to adopt free form rebar for this workflow.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: ovidiu_paunescu

Yep, 

it worked! Using the node for free form rebars now. Thanks!

Do you have more information on this topic?

Message 6 of 12
shefypattambi

Hi @Anonymous ,

Currently Rebar Container is not that much supported by default revit schedule. if you want schedule it you may consider using SOFiSTiK Rebar detailing addin.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: shefypattambi

Hi @shefypattambi ,

thanks for the Information! Yes we already work with the SOFiSTiK tool!

Message 8 of 12
anton.bondarchuk

I've started exploring RebarContainer class through the API & facing scheduling issues. Does anyone have a suggestion how to schedule individual RebarContainerItems within a RebarContainer element? When bars 'assembled' into a container they lose Rebar Number parameter (Partition can be extended to whole RebarContainer element as well as Schedule Mark). Snooping with Revit Lookup shows that no parameters available to schedule individual RebarContainerItems apart from maybe ItemIndex which cannot be reported into Revit schedules anyways.. Can anyone advise if you've had any success scheduling bars that belong to RebarContainers?? 

Message 9 of 12

For what kind of workflows/operations/behavior are you looking at adopting the rebar container?

My recommendation is to also look at free form rebar.

Message 10 of 12

Hi Ovidiu,
Thank you for your comment. Unfortunately, free form rebar is not what I'm after. I'm looking to utilise RebarContainer to create a collection of repetitive rebar sets within same host element at LOD400 (e.g. column cages, piles, pile caps, pad footings, etc.). My understanding that RebarContainer objects improve model performance significantly compared to having multiple individual Rebar elements grouped/ or assembled throughout a model. I'm facing scheduling/ tagging issues that defeat the purpose of RebarContainer altogether. When Rebar elements 'collected' in a container, created RebarContainerItem objects do not have some critical properties (parameters) like Rebar Number/ Mark etc. Even though these bars appear in Structural Rebar schedules, I cannot calculate total number of bars/ weights with same barmarks as they have no common identity parameters to group by.

Message 11 of 12
zalan123
in reply to: anton.bondarchuk

having the same issue as you..

when you assembled rebarcontaineritems in the code,its property "total length"is 0.

zalan123_0-1628786140259.png

then duplicate the rebarcontainer type in revit ui ,the property"total length" can be auto computed &repaired.

zalan123_1-1628786174437.png

thats all I found ,could it inspire you to have some idea?

it cause me having trouble with the ifc export(without  total length,rebar cannot export to ifc). 

Message 12 of 12

The problem is that a rebar container allows different bars to be 'grouped' together. This then stops the container being scheduled. Freeform is definitely the better solution. We have implemented this method for our Naviate Structure tools, works much better.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report