Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[R2019] Way to convert/change/switch structural columns into structural framing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
817 Views, 2 Replies

[R2019] Way to convert/change/switch structural columns into structural framing

Hello,

Is there any possible way to convert structural columns into structural framing? I have designed a project with structural columns and structural framing and structural connections between these. Now when I want to schedule the length of the structural columns any length parameter that I have assigned to the columns doesn't take into consideration the shortening or lengthening of the columns that is caused by the structural connections. I read somewhere that in R2020 the structural columns have a cut length parameter - however it is not an option for me to upgrade the model to R2020 at this point sadly, only as a last resort.

Is there any possible way to convert structural columns into structural framing or to get a cut length from structural columns connected to structural framing with structural connections?

Any help is much appreciated.

Best regards

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

check here and maybe this one help. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 3
YarUnderoaker
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi.

No, it is impossible. Shortens way is create shared parameter for column and framing where you manually set cut length value and then use multicategory schedule to show they.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators