Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precast for Revit warning issue

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
podaruc
3841 Views, 9 Replies

Precast for Revit warning issue

Hello!

While working with Precast for Revit we discovered an error linked to curtain walls with openings. This issue was fixed and it will be available in the next release.  Did you have any similar issue while working with Precast for Revit?

PrecastWarning.png

Cristian Podaru

Sr. QA Analyst

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: podaruc

Hello,

Yes, I have been getting that warning quite frequently while working on a glazing schedule.

Message 3 of 10
podaruc
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that. The good news is that this will be fixed in the next update.

Also, as a workaround, you can use "On/Off" button on the precast tab.

Thanks for the feedback and if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a good day !

Cristian Podaru

Sr. QA Analyst

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

@podaruc

Thanks for that workaround!  

Cheers!

Message 5 of 10
peter_vanorshoven

Hi,

Is there already a time schedule for this update? It keeps slowing us down terrible if we don't remember to switch precast of. Can't we just switch it of until we want it to be switched on again? Some kind of "remember status on startup"?

Thanks,

Peter

Message 6 of 10
podaruc
in reply to: peter_vanorshoven

Hi Peter! Can you please tell me what version of Precast are you using ?

Cristian Podaru

Sr. QA Analyst

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I get the same error but for a different reason. I have downloaded a Revit Family file from this company: http://www.jvi-inc.com/index.cfm/product-downloads-drawings
The file is under the VectorConnector folder -> Revit -> VectorConnector.rfa

What I am trying to do with it is rename it to SolidWall - VectorConnector.rfa and put it in the right folder for Precast Mounting Parts, then use it as a connector within the Precast Configuration area for Parts where under Connections it says Nooses. I have also tried it with the Cast in Place drop down.

Message 8 of 10
teodorb
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

You are using a generic model which contains a DWG.

I recommend building your own based on this family. You should make sure you have the same category as it is used for lifters of other mounting parts. More details about creating your precast families can be found here:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-16145A78-9046-4DCB-A17E-68881AC93DF6

Another way of adding mounting parts would be to use a dynamo script:

http://blogs.autodesk.com/bim-and-beam/2018/01/16/adding-grout-tubes-using-dynamo/

Let me know if you need additional information.

Kind regards,

Bogdan Teodorescu

Product Owner
Message 9 of 10
jmartin
in reply to: teodorb

1. Why does this error happen when moving storefront?

2. Where is the "On/Off" button on the precast tab?

I am teaching a class at a community college and using A360 as a place to store and share files. I'm encouraging my students to use their own 360 drives to save their files. They all have access to the discussion board, data folder, and calendar... Some students have access to their A360 drive others do not. Why is this? shouldn't all students have full access?
Message 10 of 10
podaruc
in reply to: jmartin

Hi jmartin! What version of Precast do you use? The warning you are talking about was fixed in the latest version. The On/Off button is the last button on the Precast tab.

on-off.PNG

Cristian Podaru

Sr. QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report