Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter Driven Radius Array

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Irich
427 Views, 4 Replies

Parameter Driven Radius Array

I am trying to make a radius array that I can completely control as a nested family. 

I know this topic has been discussed here quite a bit and I have found some great threads to help but for the life of me I cannot find the original post that I used to get as far as I have. So I apologize for rehashing what has already been discussed. 

Here is the situation. I am working on setting up a basic radius beamside panel or a radius stud wall where I can change a few parameters and have Revit generate everything.

Ideally, I want to enter the Concrete Wall Radius, the Depth and Width of Studs, Top and Bottom Plates, and through a series of formulas find the appropriate number of studs, and other lengths/radii that are necessary. 

My hang up is getting this stud array to function properly after loading all the nested families in the manner the original post had detailed(the post that I cannot find). It starts out functioning well, but when I add in some additional parameters, it blows up and refuses to stay constrained. I want to use shared families so that I can control each family from a top level family inside the project. 

I have attached the functional family where the radius works well; Functional - WIP - Radius Stud Assembly. Then I go back through the nested families, add the other parameters for controlling the length of studs, and it blows up; Broken - WIP - Radius Stud Assembly. 

What am I missing here!? 

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
EdwinG
in reply to: Irich

You have to lock and dimension the array, now you dimension(angle) the family.

array1.jpgarray2.jpgarray4.jpg

with the little blue symbol

see https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/EN... 

array3.jpg

Message 3 of 5
Irich
in reply to: EdwinG

Thanks for the reply @EdwinG. I did that exact thing and that is the point that it blows up. 

Irich_0-1625668975411.png

Irich_3-1625669049771.png

Irich_4-1625669075889.png

Irich_5-1625669129053.png

I even tried to "trick" Revit into taking it....

Irich_6-1625669283761.png

It links the parameter no problem. But then changing it by 1 degree, it blows up.

Irich_7-1625669337995.png

Message 4 of 5
EdwinG
in reply to: Irich

I dus attach the "repaired" family does this one work?

Message 5 of 5
Irich
in reply to: EdwinG

HOW DID YOU DO THAT!?!!?!!!! Thank you so much! 

The lock on the array does not show up unless and "reveal constraints" 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators