Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple sheets to one single dwg file

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
juha.kalli3KFVA
561 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple sheets to one single dwg file

Okay folks, i have problem with sheets and dwg files. I doing precast element design with Revit. Usually i made 3 sheets per one precast element. Last page is to electrical mark. When drawing is finnish, i send that to electrical designer. He send dwg back to me with electrical mark. How i can export 3 sheets to one single dwg? If i understand right, Revit cannot do that directly. If you have some other ideas or if you can tell me some good addins which can doing that. Or if you have some good dynamo-scripts, it's can help. In Tekla this is very easy, but it's not easy in Revit. 

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

If you export to same dwg file names each time you can have an xref structure with placeholders set up allowing you to bind in Autocad.

A) As we are aware if you export dwg from Revit a sheet that has views sharing the same 'model space' location one of the views gets shifted so they don't overlap in viewport. It follows a logic that is seemingly consistent as long as you don't move the views on the sheet in Revit between issues and the view extent doesn't change.

In the past when my use of AutoCAD was more prevalent than Revit I would insert xrefs for stair core plan layouts of different levels into separate layers in the sheet dwg model. Doing so allowed me to freeze those layers per viewport (hence entire xref is hidden for a level). The same approach could be used with dwgs exported from Revit noting (A) above i.e. you can overlay one on top of the other and freeze off, as they are xrefs would be up to date with the dwgs they are pathed to (would only need copying elsewhere and binding).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators