Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moment Connection Symbol Display Issue - Revit 2018

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
4273 Views, 10 Replies

Moment Connection Symbol Display Issue - Revit 2018

I am working in Revit 2018 and have an issue with the filled moment connection symbols showing up not filled:

Moment Connection.JPG

I have tried reloading the family, swapping between the "Not Filled" and filled versions in "Structural Settings", changed visibility graphics settings, view discipline settings - all with no luck.

I found this post related to the issue: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-structure-forum/moment-connection-symbol-in-revit-structure-201... 

Unfortunately it's from Revit 2013. It seems as though the solution was to install the latest update. I believe I am currently up to date on Revit 2018 (2018.2, Build Version 18.2.0.51, Build Number 20170927_1515) according to this link: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Has anyone else had this issue in 2018 and/or have a solution?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

check which version of the moment connection you are using on the beam. See attachedCapture.JPG

Message 3 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

Hi @Anonymous

connectionsymbol.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Cadguru2 -

This is not the issue. 

Specifically I am having problems with the "filled" moment connection symbol family. In in the structural settings dialog you can set the moment connection symbol to be the "filled" or "not filled" connection symbol (and probably any custom connection symbol family you create). 

I have both the "Moment Frame" and "Cantilever Moment" set to use the filled version of the family. It's a bit tricky to tell, but see below under "Connection Type":

image.png

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Rafal - 

I'm not sure I'm understanding your response.

I see that you've got two beams, each one setup such that one end is a cantilever moment and one end is a moment frame, and you seem to have re-created my issue.

The part I'm not following is the "Local Coordinate System Axes". Are you suggesting I need to change the "y" justification of my beam to something different? Currently the beam is set so both my "y" and "z" justifications are set to their defaults when placing a beam (I believe these are origin (y) and top (z)). 

Thanks.

Sorry - I take my response back. I'm not sure you have recreated my issue. By selecting the top beam, you've made the "not filled" end look like it is filled. I'm really not sure what you're trying to convey, but thanks for taking the time to respond.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 11
christophJYCQU

Yes I also am having this issue.

Message 7 of 11
christophJYCQU

I have reloaded the symbol it is still not filled. People in other forums are saying you can not be in "hidden Line" visibility setting if you want it to show up properly. Changing away from hidden lines worked for me in this instant, it however is not something I can always do. Autodesk please fix this problem.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: christophJYCQU

I found a fix to this was that one of my users had set the beam to have a Graphics Overwrite for the transparency  on the beam. I removed it and it worked fine.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

We found the solution (at least for our specific instance):

The problem was that the surface pattern for structural framing had been set to be "not visible" in the view template applied to the plan we were having issues with. Apparently the filled triangle symbols (used for our moment connections) are controlled by this setting. Once we made surface pattern visible in the template the triangles were filled again.

Message 10 of 11
WSEcad
in reply to: christophJYCQU

I have discovered that the cause of this issue for me (unfilled moment connectors) was that the linked revit model was set to underlay. Unchecking that box allowed the connector symbols to appear normally - fully filled in.

Message 11 of 11
christophJYCQU

still having this issue in 2022

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators