Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Models Coordinations vs Arch Model

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cmiyares.mcsal
124 Views, 1 Reply

Models Coordinations vs Arch Model

Hi All,

I work for a structural firm, and I have to do some coordinate vs architectural models almost daily (Columns, Wall location). I used Copy/Monitor for a time, but it did not work out for me, so I stopped using it.

However, manually coordinating models, relying primarily on visual cues, is tedious, time-consuming, and with not always a 100% accurate result.

I would like to hear which methods you use for coordination so I can get some fresh ideas.

I appreciate any comments and help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Best practice is architectural Client needs to lead/establish with all disciplines to be on the same location. We use all methods and still do a plan view coloring visual review of all columns. 

Structural Columns should lead, Arch client will need to be the one copy/monitoring our structural columns, anything structural (Loads)

Once you link in architectural model, you should be aligned for the remaining of the project.

Sometimes other disciplines may not be aligned and that is sometimes the issue , but should been resolved by architectural PM coordination for all disciplines to do so. If when that occurs we manually correct the link, once is set, any future versions of third party model can be reloaded from, even if they have a new different file name. This will keep it in the same location.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators