Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeled-in-place column is visible in all views with the exception of the 3D view

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
nkosana.ndlovu
158 Views, 3 Replies

Modeled-in-place column is visible in all views with the exception of the 3D view

Greetings,

I am working on a model, and i have modeled some structural columns in-place. These are supposed to appear at the corners of the 3D model but they do not. When modeling the columns in-place, the option to input the material as concrete did not appear. Is that the cause of the visibility challenges i am experiencing?  These columns are visible in all other views and sections. I have tried trouble-shooting this with no success. What further approaches can I try?

nkosanandlovu_0-1705331255897.png

nkosanandlovu_1-1705331430564.png

Tags (1)
Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If you click on the View Hidden Elements (Lightbulb) in the View Control Toolbar do you see them then?

Other checks in the 3D View

Check Phase Filter for the View

VG - Check Filters

Check no View Template is applied

Finally check the Model in Place Element and is Visibility Settings in the Family itself!

jay_colcombe_0-1705334091006.png

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for highlighting the visibility of the family. I had defined the family as architectural columns (not as structural columns)! Thank you so much

Message 4 of 4

Thank you for highlighting the visibility settings of the family. I had set up the family as architectural columns, not as structural columns! Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators