Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked IFC issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Karol_Piroska
319 Views, 3 Replies

Linked IFC issues

Hi all,

I'm having issues with linked IFC that was exported from AECOsim. I reloaded a previously linked IFC that I had no issues with. With this new one I can work only in plan views. It is "frozen" in any (even newly created) section - cannot zoom in or out, pan etc and in 3D I can see it only as "wireframe" in a previously saved view - as soon as I try to orbit it disappears. I cannot view it on its own. It has nothing to do with locked views, VG, phases or any such things.

Update: I'm able to use sections only when the view is cropped. It is unusable in an uncropped view.

Any help highly appreciated

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: Karol_Piroska

Have you tried opening the IFC in another program like Solibri Viewer?

What happens if you use the older IFC again?

Something in the journal file?

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 4
Karol_Piroska
in reply to: L.Maas

yes, it looks all right in Solibri (considering the limitations of IFC).

We had to tweak the export settings with the other company in the past in order to use it in Revit, but we never had these kind of issue like not being able to pan in uncropped view or in 3D. 

I tried to use the IFC and the revit file that is created by linking, even in other Revit versions but same thing happens.

Just wondering if someone had a similar issue or it is just bad export settings ..

Message 4 of 4

ok, I think that I found the cause. There was something too far in the IFC from the model or it was too far from its origin. But instead of having the old known graphical issues when something is too far I was not able to pan in uncropped view or use the orbit in 3D.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report